Perfect either a finger-food snack, or an accompaniment to dinner, these yummy potato wedges are easy to make, and so worth the wait! The combination of sweet, smoky paprika and a hit of chilli are incredibly moreish.
I love these as a different alternative to chips, and making them from scratch means you know exactly what’s in them – and how much. While they do take a little longer to cook than the average oven chip, the flavour is far from average – and perfect for when you want an extra bit of flavour on your plate.
They’re also great for buffets or nibbles – a few of these with some tasty dips will go a long way with your friends! A cool dressing of 2 tbsp of mayo, with ½ tsp course grain mustard and a splash of lemon juice is really tasty with these wedges! (Or mayo, ketchup, BBQ sauce…whatever floats your dipping boat!) Let me know what you think of these wedges, and what you’ll be dipping them in, in the comments below.
Serves 2, cooking time 40-50 mins
4-5 medium potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp crushed chillies
1 tsp thyme
salt & pepper
- Boil the kettle, and preheat the oven to 180˚
- Cut out any eyes or bad bits from the potatoes, and slice them into wedge shapes.
- Give them a good wash, and put into a saucepan. Cover with boiled water from the kettle.
- Bring the wedges to the boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain, and pour into a non-stick roasting dish.
- Add the oil, spices and seasoning, then give the wedges a good shake and mix, to evenly coat each piece.
- Roast the wedges in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!